Children’s Health Network hosted the Fifth Annual National Pediatric Telehealth Conference September 25th through 27th in Bloomington, MN. The medical education conference attracted over 120 nurses and physicians from Canada and across the U.S.
The annual conference is for office and call center triage nurses, physicians, and administrators. Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits was provided through the Minnesota Medical Association (MMA).
Educational grants were provided by Abbott Nutrition, GSK Vaccines, and MedImmune. The Midwest Dairy Council, LVM Systems, Inc, and UCare provided financial support. Over twenty other entities were present as exhibitors; presenters included:
- Barton Schmitt, MD, Children’s Hospital System of Care, Denver
- David Thompson, MD, MacNeal Hospital, Chicago
- Charles Crutchfield III, MD, Crutchfield Dermatology, Eagan, MN
- Daniel K. Halvorsen III, PhD, University of Minnesota
- Marjorie Fujara, MD, Chicago Children’s Advocacy Center
- Andrew Hertz, MD, Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital, Cleveland
- Phillip Kibort, MD, Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
- James P. Marcin, MD, UC Davis Children’s Hospitals, Sacramento
- Joseph Simon, MD, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Randall Sterkel, MD, St. Louis Children’s Hospital
Children’s Health Network will hold its sixth annual conference September 24-26, 2009. Additional details will be announced in the coming weeks. Children’s Physician Network is a Minnesota non-profit corporation. Their mission is to “enhance the value of care to children by improving services, supporting health care professionals, and adding a pediatric voice to health care.” Children’s Health Network is affiliated with Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota.
[From the December 2008/January 2009 issue of AnswerStat magazine]