Does Your Contact Center Process Transactions or Deliver Transformative Experiences?
Yesterday’s call centers managed transactions. Exit the call center. Enter the patient experience contact center. Today’s patient experience contact centers serve as central communication hubs. They deliver intentionally memorable experiences that mitigate risk, solidify loyalty, and reduce unnecessary readmissions.
Welcome the EchoAccess PX Hub™. “Everything else is just a call center.”
With the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) launch of the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Provider and Systems (CAHPS) program in 2006, hospitals have dedicated significant resources to improving survey results. Centralizing access and strengthening trust through a patient experience contact center begins at the first point of contact. Perhaps the caller is new to the community and is looking for a physician referral.
That first touchpoint is critical. According to SHSMD (2012), the first three seconds of the initial interaction influences both hospital selection and subsequent preference.
A patient experience contact center serves as a health network’s virtual front door. It delivers personalized, trust-building support and referrals before a patient receives care and individualized follow-up and coaching after the patient returns home.
Unlike a legacy call center, an EchoAccess PX Hub provides the specific resources you need to deliver engaging experiences:
Tools to Transform Caller and Patient Experiences:
- Automate satisfaction surveys and patient experience scores.
- Track population health goals and document messages to callers and patients.
- Monitor and improve kept appointment rates.
- Deploy post-discharge surveys.
Provider Directory with Visual Ratings:
- Strengthen trust with graphically illustrated CHAPS scores and the comments of previous patients.
- Enjoy the flexibility of four deployment options, which are cloud-based, and API enabled.
- Discover the relationship between patient experience ratings and provider directories.
Physician Referral and Physician-to-Physician Referral:
- Sort provider lists by rotation priority, proximity, or next available appointment.
- Connect referring providers and their patients with a panel of expert providers.
- Select from dozens of criteria to ensure the optimal provider match.
- Add value to your patients with user-friendly class and event registration on the phone or online with secure payment.
- Enable online users to manage their registration with MyEnrollment.
Gold Standard Clinical Triage:
- Triage with confidence. Schmitt-Thompson Clinical Content is preferred worldwide for telephone triage care and is the clinical content provider for EchoAccess.
- Deploy over 600 adult and pediatric protocols.
Avoidable Readmissions Reduction:
- Document and track calls and texts to both patients and caregivers to increase rates of kept follow-up appointments.
- Patient Experience Journey Mapping: Map experiences from your patients’ perspective from first contact through post-discharge follow-up conversations to strengthen trust and improve handoffs of care.
- Best Practice Content: Utilize a library of referral letters and reports including caller letters, class configuration emails, and monthly operations reports.
Unique HealthStream Benefits:
- Includes HCAHPS score integration provided by HealthStream, a leading CMS-certified HCAHPS survey provider and Echo’s parent company. Patient satisfaction scores, sorted by provider, gives vital information for callers and patients when selecting a physician.
- Provides the option of installed software, cloud deployment, or outsourced services for evenings, weekends, and peak call times
- Combines EchoAccess product expertise with patient experience consulting through the HealthStream Engagement Institute. The HealthStream Engagement Institute has coached over 350 healthcare organizations to create patient-centered cultures with measured increases in patient satisfaction, employee engagement, care quality, and profitability. Clients can harness talent for patient experience journey mapping, enterprise contact center consolidation for integrated access, contact center operations, emerging technologies, and customer service certification.
- Customer service certification assures that your team has the skills and toolset they need to consistently deliver extraordinary patient experiences beginning at the first point of contact.
HealthStream delivers a patient experience contact center software solution from a CMS-certified provider of HCAHPS surveys. HealthStream’s deep experience nationwide provides unique insight into how to raise HCAHPS scores.
Raising HCAHPS scores improves reimbursement. Explore the timely benefits of redeploying a legacy call center to transform patient experiences.
About Echo: Echo, a HealthStream Company has been delivering healthcare software solutions since 1985. Echo is an established leader in medical staff credentialing, payer credentialing and enrollment, provider analytics, and referral management solutions. More than 1,400 healthcare organizations nationwide currently benefit from Echo’s powerful suite of products.
Echo has modernized the user experience and launched an ecosystem with new products and partners to accelerate credentialing and enrollment processes, bolster provider satisfaction, improve care quality, and optimize revenue cycle management, and strengthen patient experiences.
EchoAccess has served healthcare organizations throughout North America for over three decades. An Echo team member would be pleased to understand your unique challenges: 800-377-8737.