Telehealth and telephone triage nurses can learn the latest in telehealth nursing practice and earn continuing education credit at the array of sessions geared to telehealth nursing at the American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN) 34th annual conference, March 26-30, 2009 in Philadelphia, PA.
- Due Diligence: Assure Hiring the Best Candidate for your Telehealth Position
- Implementing a Telephone Triage Decision Support Tool in the Primary Care Setting
- In Brief: Bridging the Gap: Building Healthy Communities One Caller at a Time
- Critical Thinking and Telephone Triage: Making the Right Choices
- Workshop: Juggling Efficiencies, Quality of Care, and Standard Adherence: Formulating Telehealth Performance Metrics
- Special Session: Essential Components of Telephone Nursing: A Model to Guide your Practice
- Post-Conference: Telehealth Nursing Practice Core Course (TNPCC)
AAACN has worked with the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to enhance the telehealth content of the computer based exam to be offered beginning April of 2009. At the conference, nurses can take the Ambulatory Certification Review Course on Thursday and sit for the exam on Sunday. Exam applications must be submitted to ANCC by December 19.