1Call, a division of Amtelco, now integrates with clinical communication and workflow solutions from Vocera Communications, Inc. Interoperability between 1Call and Vocera solutions, including smartphone applications, hands-free communication devices, and intelligent middleware, ensures that crucial messages are distributed with contextual information to the correct care team members on their device of choice.
“Every healthcare organization strives to provide the best care for patients,” said Tom Curtin, president of Amtelco and 1Call. “Whether it’s a phone call to a clinic or during a patient’s hospital stay, each patient expects to receive fast and accurate answers, along with timely and proper care. The 1Call and Vocera collaboration provides mutual customers with a best-in-industry interface designed to provide better outcomes for patients.”
The interoperability of the 1Call and Vocera solutions eliminates manual data entry and helps eliminate errors in contacting the wrong personnel. In addition, 1Call and Vocera solutions help speed up response times by ensuring an entire healthcare facility has instant access to current information while also safeguarding data.
When used in conjunction with 1Call, users of Vocera solutions can:
- Access on-call schedules, status, and messages to easily view, edit, and create on-call schedules through 1Call’s miTeamWeb app.
- Use 1Call’s scripting module in hospital contact centers to guide agents through each call, including code calls, with ease.
- Access real-time medical staff status and on-call schedules so the correct team members are contacted when personnel receive a message or notification about a patient.
- Access patient data, securely, so care teams can view recent labs, diagnosis information, and help streamline the process of handling critical events.
- Track everything that happens on calls, changes to on-call schedules, status updates, and more to generate various reports that help organizations monitor and optimize performance, easily spot trends, and focus on areas that need attention.
“The integration between the Vocera and 1Call systems makes it easy for clinicians to contact the right team members and securely communicate about patients,” said Brent Lang, chairman and CEO of Vocera. “We look forward to seeing the positive impact of this collaboration and how this integration simplifies workflows and eases the cognitive burden for care teams.”
The 1Call division of Amtelco is a leader in developing software solutions and applications created for the specific needs of the healthcare call center marketplace. 1Call features a complete line of modular solutions specifically designed to streamline enterprise-wide communications, save an organization’s limited resources, improve efficiency, and help bring wellness to their patients.
The mission of Vocera Communications, Inc. is to improve the lives of healthcare professionals, patients, and families. Founded in 2000, Vocera provides clinical communication and workflow solutions that help protect and connect team members, increase operational efficiency, enhance quality of care and safety, and humanize the healthcare experience.